Residential Clean Energy Customers FAQs

Here are the most commonly asked questions that should guide you on what to do next

What happens at the end of my loan agreement?

You will be notified that your Finance Agreement is about to end and that no further payments to Classic Clean Energy Finance are required. No balloon payments, no residual amounts, no catches. 

What happens if I want to sell my house or exit the agreement?

We understand that circumstances may change. That’s why customers have two easy options:

1) Request a payout figure from Classic Clean Energy Finance Customer Care Team on 1300 780 895 and exit the plan, or
2) If the home is to be sold, ask us about assigning the finance agreement to the new homeowner (Assignment is subject to credit eligibility criteria and needs to be approved by Classic Clean Energy Finance).

All Residential Clean Energy Finance agreement payout figures are based only on the remaining principal balance, not future interest (Early termination fees may also be payable).

Can I get any government solar rebate through Classic Clean Energy?

No. Classic Funding Group has never directly provided a rebate.This needs to be arranged between yourself and your state government.

If your state government offered a rebate incentive, this may be applied to the price of your system. Check with your state government for the latest information.

My solar equipment is not working, who should I contact?

You should contact your solar installer or provider of the equipment to arrange for your equipment to be fixed.

Can I upgrade my finance to include battery storage?

Classic Clean Energy Finance is no longer providing new loans so unfortunately we are also unable to upgrade your finance to cover new assets.

Can I change when or how I make my payments?

 Your Finance Agreement should detail the arrangements that are in place. Any changes may have financial consequences. It is best to discuss with our Customer Care team your options in the first place.

How long does it take to get a payout?

You will get confirmation within 24 business hours. We will contact you via email.

Can I pay my contract off early?

Yes of course you can. Do bear in mind that there may be some fees, depending on your personal situation. We can provide this information for you if you call 1300 780 895

Can I make additional payments?

Yes you can. Should this result in early pay out there could be a repayment fee. Please call us to discuss on 1300 780 895

What are your early repayment fees?

These vary depending on the loan and are detailed on your contract. Should you need another copy of your contract please contact CustomerCare on 1300 780 895

I am finding making my loan repayments difficult. What should I do?

We appreciate that personal circumstances change and are sorry you are experiencing some difficulties.

You should call us on 1300 780 895 or email [email protected] so we can discuss the best options for you.

How do I make a complaint?

We understand that sometimes things go wrong. Please contact our Customer Care team at Classic Funding Group so that we can look to resolve the matter quickly.

If we do not resolve the issue to your satisfaction, as a consumer, you can lodge a complaint with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). 

They provide fair and independent complaint resolution that is free to consumers.


Email [email protected]

1800 931 678 (Freecall)

Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001.